Skip to main content

Help Yourself.. --Ana



    

                      I know you've been putting this one off for a real long time. You've been trying to deal with things, you've been holding it all together. Keeping her happy. Keeping him happy. Forcing a smile on your face. Doing your best. And in doing so forgetting all about yourself. But you know what? You're human. You're just like them. Just like the ones you force up a smile for. You need to be looked after just like the ones you look after. You have to be cared for like the ones you care for. And the only one who you can count on to look after you, to care for you, is yourself. Nobody's gonna do that for you. And even if they do, they can't do that better than you can do.






                 Yeah. Life keeps you busy. You need to be so many people at a time. A mother, daughter, wife,..... Or a son, father, husband.....The list is limitless. But you always forget that you also have to be you. You need to give yourself as much attention as you give to those around you. And the moment you start granting yourself this attention, little by little, you'll know the importance of it.



                  No, please. I'm not asking you to become a narcissist or some self-absorbed prick. But self consciousness in the right amount will do you good. You'll learn to be happier and you'll keep the ones around you happier.



                    Find yourself some time from your day. Start today. Do what you like. Sing, dance and jump around or curl up in your bed with coffee and a book. All's up to you. Do what that inner you wants you to do. You've earned every right to allow yourself that much. Self care is a medicine. It'll cure your soul. But you don't need too much of it, because you don't wanna risk an overdose!

Comments

  1. I read all of your posts. And I agree with all if them. I too am queer sometimes. I always go against the societal norms that I deem incorrect and that's okay. Because it's our life, we decide how to live it. You're doing a great job spreading an aura of positivity.

    Your LP friend Harshita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harshita,
      I'm happy that you agree with me and my words.
      You're right about how we should defy norms. Because after all, it's us who make them.
      It's been a while since I have written something new here. But, I'll surely get back to this in the near future.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Waiting to have a read on your new posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crying is essential to Happiness..

                                                                                              Today, out of the blue, I had the unusual urge to cry. To cry out loud😭. Not just the muffled cries. No just the concealed tears. Loud and clear. As if I wanted the entire world to know that I had been shedding those despicable drops. Honestly, at first, I was surprised and even angry with myself for doing this😠. "How did I make myself look?"."Oh God! It's all over. I ruined my image.""I wish  I'd just disappear from the face of the earth." These were my thoughts, to name a few. Nonetheless, I followed my heart. I shied away from public space, broke down and wept for one good hour😶. I let it all out. People shot at me with several questions. Some expressed concern. And a few didn't bother at all. However, I never answered any of them. The reason being, I myself couldn't pinpoint the exact reason which led me to this piteous, embarrass

Feeling Different.. --Ana

                            Ever had people tell you, " You're different today" ? Well, I have. And let me tell you, it definitely doesn't imply that  I have terrible mood swings or I try to be who i'm not on some days. It just comes naturally and is as plain and normal as the piece of good, old paper I'm writing on.                   My mind or rather, our mind is quite an interesting, amusing place. It processes so much for us everyday. It works real hard. So, does it not deserve a break from the usual monotony.? To interpret things and act differently at times? Is it too much to ask for? I mean as long as it's doing its work correctly, does it really matter? I reckon, most of you would say 'no'.                     So what's wrong if a not-so-interesting, not-so-bright person is in high spirits for a day? What if a chatty and cheerful somebody is gloomy for once? Mostly, people tend to suppress their feelings when